A Day at the Beach

A Day at the Beach
Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philipians 4:8

Recipes!!

Every year I have my blog turned into a book for Graeme and Calder. It's my version of scrapbooking and it's the best they will get because I'm not crafty and I don't pretend to be! I thought that it would be a neat idea to add some of our family's favorite recipes to the blog for G and C to have when they are older and looking back to see what we were up to in their early years...My first recipe that both children love( and so do Daddy and I) is Saltine Toffee! It's delicious and easy to make and great to give as gifts!! Saltine Toffee 1 sleeve saltine crackers 1 stick of butter 1 cup of brown sugar 1 pack of milk chocolate chips Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 cookie sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Line cookie sheet with a single layer of crackers. Melt butter in small saucepan on stove. Add sugar and bring to a boil. Pour toffee mixture over crackers and spread. Bake 5 minutes in oven. Remove and let sit one minute. Spread chocolate chips over crackers and let sit an additional minute before spreading. Spread chips evenly over crackers. Refridgerate until hard. Break into pieces!! Enjoy!! I've been known to eat an entire pan before in one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment