A Day at the Beach

A Day at the Beach
Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philipians 4:8

Poor Sick Baby...

The Tale of Graeme wouldn't be complete if we left out all the "bad things" so here goes... Graeme starting running a low grade fever yesterday evening and by 9:30 last night it had spiked to 103 degrees. He started "talking" in his sleep and I immediately knew something wasn't quite right. Chase and I woke him up and gave him ibuprofen to break his temp and sponged him off with cool water...finally the fever broke and he went to sleep for a couple of hours. At 3:30 am the fever was back and so was the "sleep talking." Again, we got him up, gave him medicine, a cool bath and a bottle which was followed by projectile vomit. Our little guys doesn't even spit up so I knew something was wrong. Again, in about an hour the fever broke and he went back to sleep. Of course, I called the doctor first thing this morning and he wanted to see him. By the time we arrived for our 9:30 appointment, a rash had broken out around Graeme's mouth and Dr. Ellis showed us his throat which was covered in blisters. Hand, foot, and mouth disease he says, which is a common childhood virus but still scary for first time parents. Baby boy is contagious for the next 72 hours and will have to miss his best bud's first birthday party as well as precious little Sarah Grace's party as well. Graeme isn't at his best but still manages to give "dada" huge smiles and a few "belly laughs." He hasn't had fever since this morning so I hope we are on the road to recovery! Sorry for no pictures...our model just wasn't in the mood :-( Say a prayer for our sweet baby to feel better soon!

5 comments:

  1. Poor, poor little baby!!! I am sooooooo sorry he's sick! I will say a prayer for a speedy recovery. Keep sharing those smiles, Graeme!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Graeme!!! I cannot believe he is so sick! How did he get that? I will pray for a quick recovery, and happy baby boy. I know having a sick baby is miserable, so you just hang in there girl, and let me know if I can do anything for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! I am so sorry.. We've had a fewl experiences with projectile vomit - its like something out of a horror movie...ha. I hope he feels well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little Graeme! We will definitely miss him this weekend but pray he is feeling 100% by Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thomas has had that, too! BOO!! No fun for you OR him. Hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete