A Day at the Beach

A Day at the Beach
Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philipians 4:8

We Woke Up!

I just finished the book Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore and it was fabulous. I couldn't put it down and I highly recommend it! It is convicting, inspirational, and emotionally challenging, telling a wonderful story of unconditional love. Here is a passage that I especially love...

"...the pearl she found one day glistened in the smile of a grizzled street veteran who lived under a railroad trestle in a cardboard box shaped like a casket. This man ate from garbage cans, an unpleasant truth you knew automatically if you had a nose. His beard was matted with dried vomit and the remnants of his last few meals, and he reeked so strongly of booze that it seemed he might explode if someone got to close and struck a match.
Here was a man whose life seemed disposable. Yet he found a reason to smile. Drawn to him, Deborah offered him a plate of home-cooked food and a prayer. Then, truly puzzled, she asked him, "Why are you so happy?"
"I woke up!" he replied, eyes twinkling in his haggard face, "and that's reason enough to be happy!" "

So, when I wake up, no matter what the time...(and those of you that know me well know that I like to sleep in) I count my blessings and send a tiny prayer of thanksgiving to God that I woke up, that my baby woke up, and that my wonderful husband will be waking up soon! How could someone not love waking up to that precious boy that has learned to PULL UP in his crib and is smiling at you every time you walk in the room! We are truly blessed!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet Haylea. You have such a big heart...only one of my many favorite things about you! Thanks for sharing this passage. xoxo

    ReplyDelete