A Day at the Beach

A Day at the Beach
Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philipians 4:8

Big Ouchie...

On Monday night, Graeme was "pushing" Chase around as he loves to do and triped over the edge of the rug and fell down. It was his bedtime and he had been an ill pill for the last hour so we didn't think much of the extreme crying fit he had after the fall. We bathed him and put him to bed and he whined during the whole routine...still nothing unusal.

On Tuesday morning, after sleeping a striaght 12 hours, G got up and Chase put him in bed with me as he does every morning. We watched "Mic Mouse" and when Graeme decided he was ready to get up and start playing we knew something was wrong. The second he put his feet on the floor he started screaming and sat down. He wouldn't walk on his right foot and we felt horrible for not knowing he had "really" hurt himself.

I immediately called Dr. Ellis and he saw us at 9:00am. He sent us for x-rays and then on to a pediatric orthopedic specialist where we learned that baby boy had fractured the bone on top of his foot under his big toe. Bless his sweet heart. He was the best boy all through out the process and even managed to starting putting some pressure on his foot. Dr. Lawley said we could have him fitted for a "wee walker" or we could just try to keep sturdy shoes on him...we opted for the shoes, as we knew there was no chance G would keep a boot on his foot!

Today, he is a little better and walking with a limp. He's been playing all day but isn't quite himself and can't move as fast as he would like. He's had extra special attention for the past few days because we both feel so badly about putting him to bed with a hurt foot. He has friends, Whit and Brennan Davis, coming to spend the weekend tomorrow and we hope he'll be able to keep up with Whit, who is almost 3!




This is a picture I took with my phone before Graeme went to have his foot x-rayed. It broke my heart to see him with a hospital braclet on even for a few minutes!

6 comments:

  1. girl - weston did the same thing a few months ago and it was awful. be SO glad that your dr gave you a choice of shoes. weston started out in a cast, and after night one in it when he slept maybe 40 minutes we had it taken off. then he had to wear the wee walker for 2 more weeks. better than the cast, but still not fun. he'll be back to normal in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my!! Bless his heart!! Hope he feels better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor angel!!! love that sweet foot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up on blogs--- OH NO!!! Poor Graeme (and parents)! I am so sorry, Haylea! I hope he heals SUPER fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMIGOSH!! I was just catching up on reading blogs and just saw this! Poor Graeme and poor mommy!! I know that was hard to see him hurt so bad! I pray it heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor baby! I can't believe I'm just now reading about this! I hope he is on the mend! We miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete