






Our house had to be repaired due to a leak and the babies couldn't live there while the walls were being dried out... so... we decided if you have to be away from home you might as well enjoy it and that's exactly what we did. The kids and I packed up and headed to Destin for a week and it was wonderful. Chase stayed behind to "manage" things around the house. Luckily, the Thompson's were there and I had an extra set of eyes and hands at he beach because G loves to play in the waves. It took Calder a couple of days to decide she liked the ocean, but once she did we couldn't keep her out of it.






Calder especially loved to dump sand on Graeme's head and he thought it was hilarious and let her do it. He is the BEST big brother. We had a fabulous time. I was a bit worried that I couldn't handle both children for seven days by myself but it was actually a breeze...if you don't really have anything else to do like cooking, cleaning, laundry, and errands then taking care to two precious babies is a breeze. We did exactly what when wanted when we wanted. We ate early dinners, we rode the carousel at BayTown Wharf a zillion times, we napped, we played, we swam, we watched cartoons, we read books, we had a blast!! Calder and Graeme are such little blessings and I find it amazing everyday that God chose to entrust Chase and I with their little lives!! (disclaimer...there were fits, there were tears, there were time-outs...they weren't perfect angels 24/7 but they were absolutely as good as a 1 year old and 3 year could possibly be)
No comments:
Post a Comment