A Day at the Beach

A Day at the Beach
Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philipians 4:8

Don't...

Bre brought this story to share with us and I had to pass it along...

After creating heaven and earth, God created Adam and Eve. And the first thing he said was "Don't!"

"Don't what?" Adam replied.
"Don't eat the forbidden fruit," God said.
"Forbidden fruit? We have forbidden fruit? Hey Eve...we have forbidden fruit!!!"
"No way!"
"Yes, way!"
"Do NOT eat the fruit!!" said God.
"Why?"
"Because I am your Father and I said so!" replied God, wondering why he hadn't stopped creation after making the tigers.

A few minutes later, God saw His children having an apple break and he was ticked!
"Didn't I tell you not to eat the fruit? God asked.
"Uh huh," replied Adam.
"Then why did you?" said the Father.
"I don't know," said Eve.
"She started it!" said Adam.
"Did not!"
"Did too!"
"DID NOT!"
Having had it with the two of them, God's punishment was that Adam and Eve should have children of their own.
Thus the pattern was set and has never changed!!

I loved this...at only nine months old I can see the pattern, especially when Graeme is headed towards Charlie's water bowl...he stops when I say "no" --looks at me and sticks his hand as deep as he can into the water before giving me the biggest grin ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment