This afternoon my precious baby boy woke up from a long nap all smiles and giggles but things went sour fast. Within a hour, he was cranky and sitting STILL in his daddy's lap. I knew something was wrong because our boy is never still, not even when he's sleeping! I immediately felt his head and he was BURNING up. I took his temp and, sure enough, a FEVER. This child has never had a fever in his life so I was terrified. I gave him Tylenol and two hours later it still hadn't broken...or even went down a little, so being the "first time mom" that I am, I called the doctor. The nurse said to wait THREE WHOLE DAYS before bringing him in. This, to me, is insane. She also said not to worry about how high the temperature is as long as he responds to me...again, INSANE. These "professionals" blow my mind, but whatever, that's a whole other post...Finally, after a cool bath, and three hours, Graeme dropped a whole degree, which is what the doctor wanted, and now he's sound asleep in his crib. I fully believe that he's just teething but as all you moms know, it breaks your heart to see your baby less than happy and we'll do ANYTHING to make sure that we're doing EVERYTHING we can for our babes! Say a prayer for sweet Graeme and let's hope that his fever is nothing more than the "teething blues."
A Day at the Beach
Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philipians 4:8
Teething Blues...
This afternoon my precious baby boy woke up from a long nap all smiles and giggles but things went sour fast. Within a hour, he was cranky and sitting STILL in his daddy's lap. I knew something was wrong because our boy is never still, not even when he's sleeping! I immediately felt his head and he was BURNING up. I took his temp and, sure enough, a FEVER. This child has never had a fever in his life so I was terrified. I gave him Tylenol and two hours later it still hadn't broken...or even went down a little, so being the "first time mom" that I am, I called the doctor. The nurse said to wait THREE WHOLE DAYS before bringing him in. This, to me, is insane. She also said not to worry about how high the temperature is as long as he responds to me...again, INSANE. These "professionals" blow my mind, but whatever, that's a whole other post...Finally, after a cool bath, and three hours, Graeme dropped a whole degree, which is what the doctor wanted, and now he's sound asleep in his crib. I fully believe that he's just teething but as all you moms know, it breaks your heart to see your baby less than happy and we'll do ANYTHING to make sure that we're doing EVERYTHING we can for our babes! Say a prayer for sweet Graeme and let's hope that his fever is nothing more than the "teething blues."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment