I'm constantly amazed by how God works...for a few weeks I have been contemplating the name Anna Chase and this past weekend I told my mom that I just didn't love it. I blamed the hormones and decided to live with it... Of course I would never tell Chase that I didn't love the name because I was under the impression that he really liked it. It is a special name, Anna was his grandmother's name and Chase speaks for itself...fast forward to "full moon Monday" as we now refer to it here. I posted pictures of the beautiful nursery on Face Book and on our blog...Chase and I were admiring our beautiful room when he looked at me and asked if I really liked the name Anna Chase. I told him I liked it but didn't love it and you could see the relief flood his face. He told me that he had decided that he didn't want her named after him and he felt uncomfortable telling people her name when someone asked him. He asked how I felt about a name change two weeks prior to her arrival, knowing that this could send a hormonal pregnant woman into a tailspin, but I was fine with it! We both prayed about it and sat in her room for hours discussing what our princess should be called. We knew that her name was already written in the Lamb's Book of Life, we just needed clarity and guidance to know what it was...we rested in the verse " Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart." Jeremiah 1:5. The verdict was Calder Adaire.
I'm sure many of the sweet and supportive people in our lives wonder where in the world that name came from and are to nice to ask...when I was 14 weeks pregnant we were at the Thompson's lake house enjoying a wonderful and relaxing weekend. We weren't for sure if we were having a boy or a girl but an early ultrasound pointed towards a baby girl. Chase was flipping through Gun and Garden Magazine and came across an article on a event planner in Charleston, SC named Calder Clarke. We both immediately loved the name for a little girl but already had a "Clarke" as Graeme's middle name. My favorite girl name has always been Adaire ever since college rush when the cutest girl came through with the name. Combine Chase's love of the name Calder with my love of the name Adaire and hence, Calder Adaire Williams. We know its different, unique, and unusual and that makes us love it even more and we thought it was time to add some spice to the name pool for generations to come and we know that God had planned for her to be Calder Adair all along!
After all; For you created my inmost being; you
knit me together in my mother's womb. I
praise you because I am fearfully and
wonderfully made your works are wonderful.
All the days ordained for me were written in
your book before one of them came to be.
( Psalms 139:13,14 & 16 )
We want Calder to know that she was almost Anna Chase and we want her to know how much we love her now before we have even met her and how much more we will love her when she arrives...naming a baby is a big deal and "straying" away from family names and double names here in the south is almost unheard of, as is changing a baby's name right before her arrival. We repainted the nursery wall and redid the monogramming and are 100% happy with our decision. Calder will be as unique and special as her name and we're counting down the days until our baby girl is in our arms!
I love Calder Adaire! It is beautiful and perfect!
ReplyDeleteI also love that I am not the only one experiencing some crazy pregnancy homoromones...whew!
Can't wait to meet your angel in just 2 weeks!! xoxo
Love the name change, and love the story behind it. Cannot wait to meet that precious baby girl!
ReplyDeleteLove the name Haylea! What a wonderful blog entry - enjoyed reading this. Calder will appreciate her name being different. I've always gotten a lot of "what??" when I say my name and people wonder why I'm not a boy... but I love how different it is for a girl. Calder Adaire is beautiful; cant wait to hear your news any day now!
ReplyDelete